A tourist visa will be issued to applicants wishing to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes. You are not allowed to work or conduct business with a tourist visa.
Period of Stay
A tourist visa can be used to stay in Thailand for up to 30 days or up to 60 days and can be extended by 30 days at the nearest Immigration office. Fee 1,900 Baht (as per 2008-01-17).
A tourist visa is needed when a person plans to stay in Thailand for tourism purposes longer than is allowed when entering under the visa exemption, or if a person is from a country that has no visa exemption agreements with Thailand.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THAI TOURIST VISA
This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wishing to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
- Air ticket or e-Ticket or Itinerary (copy)
-- Letter confirming employment in your country of residence or letter from educational institution confirming you are a student.
- copy of passport, copy of any other I.D.document
- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family) Please provide recent bank statement, no more than a month old.
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary
VALIDITY OF VISA
The validity of the visa is three months or six months meaning the applicant must utilize the visa within 90 or 180 days depending on number of entries.
PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days or 60 days.
Nationals of countries which are on Thailand’s Tourist Visa Exemption list or have bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Thailand will be permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 60 days. Nationals from other countries who hold a tourist visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10.
The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
* * * * *