Visa Information

Non-Immigrant Visa | Thị thực không cư trú : Non-Immigrant B - Teaching in Thailand | Thị thực để xin đi dạy tại Thái Lan

Non-Immigrant Visa "B" -- To Teach in Thailand


This type of visa is issued to applicants who intend to take up employment as school teachers under university level in Thailand.


  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
  • Letter of acceptance from employing institute or school in Thailand.
  • Letter of approval from government agencies such as the Office of the Private Education Commission, the Office of the Basic Education Commission.
  • Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas or teaching certificates.
  • School license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.
  • Applicant’s resume.       
  • Police certificate verifying that applicant has no criminal record or equivalents or letter issued by authorised agencies in applicant’s country. (The requirement of the submission of such police certificate is optional. The applicant must submit it if consular officer requests he/she to do so. This requirement is effective as from May 2007)
  • Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary


80 USD

Two working days


The validity of a visa is 3 months


Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days.  He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.


  • Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant or his or her appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly.  If the applicant’s associated company is located in the provinces, the applicant must apply at the Employment Office of that province.
  • Applicant’s family members (i.e., spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old) are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.
  • Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau Office located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889,  The granting of change of type of visa and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer.


Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.