APPLICATION FOR VISA
1. Who is qualified for visa?
- The Embassy may issue visas to Jordanian nationals with a valid passport of at least 6 months, including other nationals who have permanent residency in Jordan. Visa applications will take at least one working day to process.
- Iraqi nationals may apply for a visa (non-immigrant/tourist/transit), which will first have to be processed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. This process will require 3-4 weeks. Tourist and transit visas (non-extendable) do not require a letter of invitation. Applicants for a non-immigrant visa will be asked to at least provide an invitiation letter in Thai. Applicants maybe asked to provide a copy of a return air-ticket following approval of a visa.
- For applicants from other countries where there is noThai Embassy, the issuing of a visa is up to the discretion of the Royal Thai Embassy, Amman. In this case, the applicant may have to be interviewed or requested to provide additional documents. It is therefore recommended that the applicant contact the Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in their country of origin first.
2. Requirement for visa
- Two recent passport-sized photos.
- Copy of passport
- 25 Jordanian Dinars (JDs) for each journey of Tourist Visa/50 JDs for Non-Immigrant Visa/ 20 JDs for Transit Visa.
- Copy of airline reservation. Copy of hotel/accommodation reservation (if applicable).
- Copy of national i.d. or drivers' license
- Filled-in application form in full. Incorrect/incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Iraqi passport holders are recommended to acquire the G series passport or newer.
3. Where to apply for a visa?
Royal Thai Embassy
No. 147 Zahran Street, Jabal Amman
P.O Box 144329, AMMAN 11814, JORDAN.
Tel: + 962 6 590 3888 Fax: +962 6 590 3899
Office Hours: Sunday - Thursday 09.00 – 15.30 hrs.
Visa Application Hours : 09.30 - 12.30 hrs. Visa Collection Hours: 14.00-15.00 hrs.
Holidays : Friday - Saturday